Lucca is one of the most important art cities in Italy, well-known in particular for its splendid city walls dating from the 15th – 17th centuries which allowed the historic centre to maintain its original appearance. The beautiful architecture of its medieval churches, towers, and impressive Renaissance palaces make Lucca a must-see on any visit to Tuscany. This one-day wine tour in tuscany takes you to the vineyards of DOC wines and the splendour of typical medieval hamlets, and invites you to savour authentic local produce turned into the delights of traditional local cuisine.
Your day will begin with the tour of Lucca city centre, on a discovery of its historical splendor. As we lose ourselves in the maze of narrow medieval streets, we will discover the secret treasures of this city. We will then transfer to the Lucca Hills to visit the typical hamlet of Petrognano, with stunning views over the valleys of Lucca and Pistoia. We will visit the Fattoria Petrognano winery, tour the cellars and taste their excellent wine. Afterwards, we continue walking to the medieval village of San Gennaro, a small gem in the Lucca countryside, with its splendid Romanesque church housing the terracotta angel by Leonardo da Vinci. Later, we will hike through the Tuscan countryside to reach Fattoria Fubbiano where we will enjoy a light lunch accompanied by Colline Lucchesi DOC wine, and taste their extra virgin olive oil.
Lucca Railway Station or your Hotel in Lucca
About 5 km urban walking in Lucca
Descent 100 m
Places of interest
Medieval village of San Gennaro
DOP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Organic farm, producing DOP Extra Virgin Olive Oil and DOC CollineLucchesi wines.
A farm that has restored the traditions of rural life using only natural products. Production of DOP Extra Virgin Olive Oil and DOC CollineLucchesi wines
- Travel insurance
- Private transfer by shuttle bus from Lucca Railway Station or your Hotel in Lucca
- Guided walking tour of Lucca city centre
- Services of a local tour guide throughout the day
- DOC wines and DOP Extra Virgin Olive Oil tastings at Fattoria Petrognano
- Wine cellar visits as per program
- Tour of Fattoria Fubbiano including light lunch accompanied by a selection of DOC and Colline Lucchesi wines from the estate
- Extra Beverages
- Personal Extras
- Anything else not specified under “What’s included”
- It is possible to arrange hotel and guided tours in Florence, Pisa and Siena before or after the tour.
Note: the tour is subject to variation in the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, at the discretion of the tour leader.
Daily Experience - Private Shuttle, wine and food tasting included.